International Students

We help international students find the right schools with the right programs, secure good jobs and get landed in Canada. We develop winning long-term strategies and arrange student visas, work permits and permanent residence in Canada. Our cutting-edge vide resume employment system enables our clients to secure suitable employment in Canada.

Students that qualify for one of the following program may be eligible to be selected for permanent residence under the Express Entry program.

Permanent Residence for International Students

Dependents of their Parent’s Applications

Parents may qualify for permanent residence (i.e. as investors or entrepreneurs) and the dependent children may be eligible to immigrate with them.

Canadian Experience Class

Foreign graduates from a Canadian post-secondary institution (who have studied for at least two years) with at least one year of full-time (or equivalent) skilled work experience in Canada

Provincial Immigration Programs for Students

Many provinces now have special immigration programs that enable international students to obtain permanent residence quickly and easily. (See the chart for more details.)

Student Work Visas

Internships and Work-study co-op programs

Holders of a valid Study Permit may be able to participate in a co-op program if it’s an integral component of their program of study. Note that the co-op terms do not constitute more than 50% of the intended program of study.

Post-graduation employment

Graduates may accept education-related employment for a maximum of 3 years.

International Youth Exchange Programs (

  • The Student Work Abroad Program (SWAP)
  • The Working Holiday Programs (WHP)

Working while studying

Students may be able to work while in Canada on a Study Permit.

Spouses or common-law partners of foreign students may be allowed to work in Canada.

Provincial Nominee Programs (PNPs)

Certain provinces offer Permanent Residence through Provincial Nominee Programs (PNPs). Most PNP’s require students to have graduated from a recognized, post-secondary school in Canada and worked under a Work Permit for a period of time for an employer in their respective province, and be offered a full-time permanent job from an employer that may or may not be related to the applicant’s field of study. In all cases, the applicant must intend to live, work and establish his/her career in the respective province.

Provinces with Programs Enabling International Students to Get Permanent Residence

PROVINCE Minimum STUDY Time to be Eligible Minimum WORKING Time to be Eligible Permanent, Full-Time Job Offer from Employer Notes
BRITISH COLUMBIA 1 academic year required Diploma must be in areas such as science, engineering, IT, 70% GPA, job offer NOC O, A, and B
ALBERTA 2 years undergraduate or 1 year graduate level 6 months required Job offer must be related to applicant’s field of study
SASKATCHEWAN 1 academic year 6 months required
MANITOBA 1 academic year 6 months required Job offer must be related to applicant’s field of study
ONTARIO 2-year dipl/degree; or 1-year postgrad degree/certif, 50% of studies in Canada No previous work required Job in management, profession or skilled trades (NOC O, A or B); does not have to be related to studies Employer must meet requirements. Students can come from any province.
QUEBEC Diploma equal to QC secondary school; CAQ (Québec Acceptance Certificate) Employment offer Apply 12 mth before graduating; adequate French
NEWFOUNDLAND Two-year diploma or degree; or one-year post-graduate degree; must complete at least half of studies in Canada 6 months Required, related to field of study